As COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) continues to spread, Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital is taking all necessary steps to protect and care for our patients, visitors, staff and community.
- We require every person walking through our hospital to wear a face mask at all times. This is for the safety of our staff, patients, and communities. Face masks will be provided.
- All visitors will be screened upon entering the hospital.
- Visitors must be 18 years or older, unless they are a patient parent.
- Two parents/caregivers will continue to be identified for each patient, however, only one of them may visit at a time during each 24 hour time period. Parent/caregiver switches are to occur outside of the hospital building. The Parents/Caregivers of new admissions will be provided a surgical mask and information regarding the types of masks approved for entering MWPH (3ply or surgical masks). No food or drink is allowed in patient care areas. Only one parent may remain overnight if the facility can accommodate.
For outpatient appointments, one visitor will be permitted to accompany a patient to facilitate care or treatment. Exceptions can be made if needed for training, transferring, etc.
- Visitors experiencing flu like illness are not permitted to visit.
- For questions about Outpatient clinics and appointments, please call 410-367-2222.
- Notice - Access to Support for Patients with Disabilities in Health Care Settings
- Notice - Support Persons for Individuals
Ways to prevent the spread of illness:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. Hand sanitizer is effective as well.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Wear a mask whenever possible.
- Practice "social distancing" and avoid close contact with others. Avoid crowds.
- Stay home if you are sick.